Saturday, July 5, 2008

Music Binds Us All Together

It was in 1997 when I became a part of the music ministry in church. During that time, I was only playing guitar and leading people to worship using a Baptist Hymnal. As years pass by, the Lord led me to a different style of worship which I think is more effective in evangelism. Forgive me for using spiritual jargons, you can always leave a message or comment if you have questions about my posts. Anyway, my musical experience has made me realize a lot of things. One of those realizations is that music really binds people together. I am definitely not a great musician (though it's my goal to strive for excellence), so it's an overwhelming experience for me to be able to work with different talented celebrities. Some of them even became good friends of mine. I collected photos of my encounters with my fellow believers who are also committed in spreading the Word to the world. Singer Barbie Almalbis with her husband Martin Honasan at CCP

Nikki Gil and I in their beautiful home in Alabang. I went there with our musical director Nikko Rivera and we talked about the line up and arrangements for the Genxt Camp held last November 2007. Tita Julie (Nikki's mom), was very accomodating, she served snacks and made us feel comfortable while we were there. with Teddy of Rocksteddy at CCP My wife and I with Nikki Gil after the Christmas Concert entitled "Naiibang Pasko" at Pasay City

Left to Right: Adam on guitar, Digi on percussion, Nikki on lead vocals, Nikko on 1st keys and music director, Karel on bass, Mike on drums and on the lower left, Tom on 2nd keys with actress and former MTV VJ Donita Rose at M.Y.M.P. concert in Quezon City

No comments: